Parents Bill of Rights
Pursuant to the Common Core Reform Act Parent Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security
1. A student’s personally identifiable information cannot be sold or released for any commercial purposes;
2. Parents have the right to inspect and review the complete contents of their child’s educational record;
3. State and federal laws protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable information, and safeguards associated with industry standards and best practices, including but not limited to, encryption, firewalls, and password protection, must be in place when data is stored and transferred.
4. A complete list of all student data elements collected by the State will be available for public review both online and via regular mail from the State Education Department. The website and mailing addresses will be listed here when they are made available.
5. Parents have the right to have complaints about possible breaches of student data addressed.
Complaints can be made by contacting:
Director of Instructional Technology