District » Proof of Residency

Proof of Residency

Proof of Residency: 
Please submit evidence establishing you and your child's physical presence in the school district.  Such evidence may include: 
1. A copy of a residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condominium, such as a deed or mortgage statement.  
2. Such a statement by a third party establishing the parent(s)' or person(s) in parental relation's physical presence in the district.  
If the documentation listed above is not available, the District will consider other forms of documentation; which may include, but will not be limited to: 
  • pay stub;
  • income tax form;
  • utility or other bills;
  • membership documents (e.g.. library cards) based on residency;
  • State or other government-issued identification;
  • documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g.) local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement); or
  • evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers. 
The District may also require the parent(s) to provide an affidavit either;
1. indicating that they are the parent(s) with whom the child lawfully resides; or
2. indicating that they are the person(s) in parental relation to the child, over whom they have total and permanent custody and control, and describing how they obtained total and permanent custody and control, whether through guardianship or otherwise. 
The District will also accept other proof, such as documentation indicating that the child resides with a sponsor with whom the child has been placed by a federal agency.