HS Counseling Office » NYS Working Papers

NYS Working Papers

New York State Working Papers

In NYS, anyone under 18 (minors) must show an employment certificate before they may begin work. Many people call this “working papers." The rule covers:

  • High school graduates
  • Minors who work for their parents
  • Minors who do industrial homework

School officials issue all working papers, except for child performer permits.  

At Bloomfield Central School, working permit applications can be found in the High School Counseling Office or use this link to print the application and health certification form:  
NY State Working Permit Application 
Physical Fitness Certification

Please note:  Complete only parts I and II of the NYS Working Permit Application