AP/IB and Gemini Courses
College-level courses for which students may receive credit upon matriculation to college, depending upon the AP exam scores.
Government and Politics
Learn more about Advanced Placement.
Student Access to AP scores: On line AP AccessCollege-level courses for which students may receive credit upon matriculation to college, depending upon the IB exam scores.
Language and Literature I/IIH
History of the Americas (HOTA) I/II
Standard Level Math
Design Technology I/II
Visual Arts I/II
Theory of Knowledge
IB Diploma ProgramStudents at Bloomfield can take individual IB courses or be part of the IB Diploma Program
College courses taught in the high school for which college and high school credits are awarded for the same course. Credit is transcript on an official college transcript.
Gemini /FLCC-Finger Lakes Community College Courses:
General Biology (co seated with AP/IB Bio)
General Chemistry (co seated with AP Chem)
Freshman Composition I/II
Personal Money Management (Financial Planning)
Basic Weight Training (every other year)
Physical Conditioning (every other year)
Stress Reduction Through Exercise
Principles of Accounting
Business Math (College Math)
Gemini Tuition: GEMINI CREDITS WILL BE FREE! There will be a $5/per credit hour registration fee. If students have free/reduced lunch this is waived.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does the Gemini Program differ from AP/IB?
- Actual college credit is earned and transcript at the end of each semester
- Success is based on a variety of assessments throughout the semester, not solely upon one test
- FLCC courses follows college syllabus and textbooks
Who is eligible to participate in the Gemini Program?
- Juniors and seniors - sophomores may enroll in courses with the following prefixes CSC; FRN; PE;GST;SPN
- Successful completion of English 11 Regents exam for ENG 101
Note: Requests for enrollment exceptions are considered on a case by case basis. Please contact your high school counselor for details.
Why should I choose to participate in the Gemini Program?
- Saves Money!
- Alleviates the high stakes testing associated with AP and IB courses
- Provides the academic edge needed for acceptance into highly selective colleges
- Avoids instructional repetition at the college level
- Can lead to time-shortened degrees, dual majors, minors, studying abroad, internships, etc.
- Students are considered part-time FLCC students with library and other privileges
- Opportunity to receive a $1,000 Gemini Scholarship for attending FLCC upon graduation
Will the credits earned through the Gemini Program transfer to any college?
Yes, courses offered through the Gemini Program are FLCC courses and transfer to any college that accepts FLCC credits. However, it is the prerogative of any receiving college whether to accept transfer credit. All students should keep a portfolio of their work and consult with their anticipated future college before taking any college course.
Additional FLCC Gemini information and Student Guide: Gemini